Please be advised that you must meet the following eligibility requirements (which may be changed at any time by Producer in its sole discretion) (collectively, the “Eligibility Requirements”) in order to proceed with the application process and to participate in the Program:
- You must be legally present in the United States, with the unrestricted right to work for any U.S. employer and live in the United States and you must be eligible to accept the prize1, if awarded. You must provide Producer with proof of such eligibility. Acceptable forms of proof include (without limitation) a valid US passport or combination of valid US driver’s license and valid social security card.
- You must be at least fifteen (15) years of age by May 15, 2015. All applicants who meet this criterion, including all persons significantly older than fifteen (15) years of age, are welcome and encouraged to apply to be a participant. All applicants younger than eighteen (18) years of age must have all parents/legal guardians complete the Parental/Legal Guardian Consent attached to this application.
- You must not now be a candidate for public office and must agree not to become a candidate for public office until one (1) year after the initial broadcast or other exhibition of the final episode of the Program in which you appear, if selected as a participant.
- You must voluntarily submit to and complete a background check, in accordance with applicable laws and execute all documents required by Producer in connection with such background check.
- You must be willing to travel at your own expense if necessary to audition in January/February/March 2015 (or as otherwise scheduled by the Producer) at one of the following locations nearest to you: New York, NY; Chicago, IL; Los Angeles, CA; and Atlanta, GA. Producer reserves the right to change the number or the identity of the foregoing locations at any time. All travel expenses for the interview will be the applicant's sole expense.
- To accept an invitation to be a participant, you must timely complete and return the Participant Agreement, Release and Arbitration Provision and all exhibits, schedules and attachments thereto that will be furnished to you by the Producer and will include, among other things, release forms and waivers for review and signature by you and/or your family members. Additionally, any offer to become a participant may be conditioned upon your submission to examinations to be conducted in Los Angeles, CA, by medical professionals selected by and paid for by the Producer and the certification of the medical professionals that you meet all physical and psychological requirements.
- You must be willing to travel to Los Angeles, CA, for up to nine (9) days in April 2015 (or as otherwise scheduled by Producer) for the final selection process. Pre-approved economy travel (round-trip to and from Los Angeles, CA, and your home in the United States) and lodging to be provided and paid for by Producer.
- If you are selected as a participant, you must be willing to travel to and reside at one or more undisclosed locations in the United States for several weeks at any time in June 2015 through December 2015 (or as otherwise scheduled by Producer). Economy travel to be paid for by Producer.
- You may not participate in the Program if your participation would create impropriety or the appearance of impropriety. In making this determination, Producer and any television network broadcasting the Program will consider whether you nor any of your immediate family members or anyone living in your household may be or have been within the past two (2) years employees, officers, directors or agents of any of the following: (a) Producer, One Three Television, LLC, NBCUniversal Media, LLC, Universal Television LLC, any entity owned or controlled by or affiliated with the foregoing or any television network broadcasting the Program, or any of their respective direct or indirect parent, subsidiary, affiliated or related entities; (b) any person or entity involved in the development, production, distribution or other exploitation of the Program or any variation thereof; (c) any sponsor of the Program or its advertising agency; or (d) any person or entity supplying goods, services or prizes to the Program. In addition, Producer reserves the right to render ineligible any person that Producer determines, in its sole discretion, is sufficiently connected with the production, administration, judging, or distribution of the Program such that his or her participation in the Program could create the appearance of impropriety.
- The foregoing eligibility requirements may be amended, revised or changed at any time and in any fashion in Producer’s sole discretion.
1Satisfaction of this eligibility requirement pertains solely to the applicant’s receipt of prizes (if any) that may be awarded by Producer.