1. When will I receive my Artist Audition Pass?
One week before your open call audition, you will be receive an email with a link to download your Artist Audition Pass. You will also be able to download your pass by logging into your Artist Account and clicking the "Your Audition" tab.
2. When do I get the release?
The release will be emailed ONE WEEK before your assigned open call audition along with your Artist Audition Pass. You must print and sign and bring with your photo ID in order to audition.
3. Can I audition if I am under the age of 15?
In order to audition, you must be 15 years old by JUNE 17th, 2013.
4. Can I audition if I am not a U.S. Citizen?
You must be a legal resident of the United States with the unrestricted right to work for any U.S. employer and live in the United States. Proof of such eligibility must be provided to the casting team. Acceptable forms of proof include (without limitation) a valid US passport, or combination of valid US driver's license and valid social security card or valid green card.
5. What if I created an Artist Profile last season, can I use my same account?
YES! Login with your email address and password. You will be prompted to select an audition city for the next round of auditions. If you're not able to login, reset your password by following the "Forgot Password" process
6. I can't login to my Artist Account.
If you can't login to your Artist Account go to the main login page, enter your registered email address and click "forgot password." You will be sent an email and need to follow the "password reset link" which will allow you to change your password and verify your account.
7. I logged in to my Artist Account and it won't let me edit any of my information.
Make sure you click the blue "EDIT" button in the upper right corner of the Artist Account frame. This will allow you to modify your information. Be sure to click the red "UPDATE" button to save your changes!
8. I am having trouble resetting my password.
You are only allowed to request 3 password resets every 24 hours. Go to the main login page, enter your registered email address and click "forgot password." You will be sent an email and need to follow the "password reset link" which will allow you to change your password and verify your account.
9. What if I auditioned last season, can I audition again?
10. If I am auditioning as a duo, should we create an Artist Account seperately or together?
If you are auditioning as a duo, make 1 Artist account. When you get your "Artist Audition Pass & Release" emailed to you ONE WEEK before your audition, print out 2 copies - one for each of you to fill out and bring with you to your audition.
11. Will there be more audition cities announced?
NO. Auditions are only taking place in the 4 cities listed on the casting website. If you want to audition at the Open Call, you must register and travel to one of the four audition cities. If you are unable to attend an Open Call audition, please send us an OFFICIAL Video Submission!
12. Can I attend more than 1 open call city?
YES. It's not recommended, but if you feel like you had a bad audition or were nervous, you may audition again in a different city. 24 hours after your initial open call audition city, your Artist Account will allow you to register for another city. Simply login to your Artist Account and click the "My Auditions" tab. You will see the option to register yourself at another Open Call Audition.
13. Can I change my assigned open call audition day in NY or LA?
YES. If an Open Call Audition city has more than one day to audition, you may change the day and time of your audition. However, the dates and time slots fill up quickly, so please make your selection early or the day and time you want to audition may not be available anymore. Login to your Artist Account and click "My Auditions."
14. What is the address for my open call audition?
Venues will be announced soon. Keep checking back.
15. My audition day in NY or LA has changed since I first registered. What day am I supposed to attend?
Your correct audition day is ALWAYS listed in the "Your Audition" tab of your Artist Account when you log in.
16. What time do I arrive to the open call audition?
The time you selected when you registered will be printed on your Artist Audition Pass.
17. If I missed the assigned time on my Artist Pass can I still come to audition?
YES. If you do not make the time on your Artist Pass we will still allow you to audition. We assign times to cut down the long lines and unnecessary waiting.
18. How long will my open call audition be?
There will be waiting so please plan to be at the audition all day. Performance time with the producer may vary. Start strong with your best song first. You may be asked to sing only a verse and a chorus so please be prepared.
19. Is there a list of songs that I have to sing for the audition?
NO. Prepare songs that best suit your voice and represent you as an artist. Have 1-2 in your back pocket in case the producers want to hear another song.
20. What songs should I sing at the audition?
Pick songs that best display your voice!
21. Can I bring a track, instrument, or accompianment to my open call?
NO. ALL open call audtions are a cappella - NO EXCEPTIONS!
22. If I am under 18, what do I need to bring with me in order to audition?
A parent or legal guardian must accompany you during your audition, both guardian and minor must provide a picture ID, and a copy of minor’s birth certificate to verify age and guardianship. If your parent or legal guardian cannot accompany you to the audition, you must be accompanied by an individual 18 years of age or older and your Parental Consent Form must be signed by your parent or legal guardian, and notarized. Please remember, your parent or legal guardian must accompany you to the notary and sign the Parental Consent Form in the presence of the notary.
23. Is this audition the blind audition in front of the coaches?
NO. COACHES WILL NOT BE AT AUDITIONS!
24. Is there anything else I need to bring besides my "Artist Audition Pass"?
The "Artist Audition Pass" will be emailed to you ONE WEEK before your assigned open call audition day. It will include a release that you MUST sign and bring with your photo ID. If you are under 18 or are otherwise a minor in your home state, you MUST have both parent or guardian signatures on the release in order to audition.
25. What if I do not have a photo ID?
You must have a photo ID. Examples: Drivers License, State issued ID, Passport, School ID with Birth Certificate. **School ID without Birth Certificate or vice versa is not valid.
26. I am under 18, do I need to have a guardian with me at my audition?
YES. In order to enter into the audition, a parent or legal guardian must accompany you during your audition, you must provide a copy of your birth certificate with photo ID and a legal document as proof of guardianship (Example: Birth Certificate, Marriage license if accompanied with Step Parent). If your parent or legal guardian cannot accompany you to the audition, you must be accompanied by an individual 18 years of age or older and your Parental Consent Form must be signed by your parent or legal guardian and notarized. Please remember, your parent or legal guardian must accompany you to the notary and sign the Parental Consent Form in the presence of the notary.
27. What if a parent or legal guardian cannot accompany me at the audition?
Please see FAQ #26.
28. If I am selected for a callback, when will they be?
If you are selected for a callback you will be required to return 1-3 days after your open call audition.
29. Can I bring friends and family to the audition with me?
Family, friends, managers, vocal instructors, etc. will NOT be allowed at the audition. If you are a minor, a parent or legal guardian must accompany you during your audition, you must provide a copy of your birth certificate or other legal document as proof of guardianship. If your parent or legal guardian cannot accompany you to the audition, you must be accompanied by an individual 18 years of age or older and your Audition Release and Artist Pass must be signed by your parent or legal guardian and notarized. Please remember, your parent or legal guardian must accompany you and sign the Audition Release and Artist Pass in the presence of the notary.
30. Can I send in a video submission and attend an open call audition?
You do not need to send in a video submission if you attend one of our open calls.
31. If I submit an official video submission, when will I know if I'm being considered for the show?
If you submit an official video submission by sending us DVD, we will contact you ONLY if you are being considered for the show. If you have not heard from the casting team within 2 months of sending your video submission then you are NOT being considered for the upcoming season.
32. I uploaded my video at nbc.com. Is this the same as an official video submission?
NO. You must follow the guidelines on nbcthevoice.com on how to submit an OFFICIAL Casting Video Submission.
33. Can I use back tracks or play an instrument on my VIDEO SUBMISSION?
34. I have been contacted by an outside company charging a fee to audition.
DO NOT PAY THEM! These companies are in NO WAY affiliated with the casting auditions for "The Voice." There is not an admittance fee for any of the open calls.
35. How can I cancel my audition?
Cancel your audition by deleting your registered audition city selection in your Artist Account under the My Auditions tab. Once you've downloaded your audition pass or attended an audition, you are no longer able to delete your audition registration. For info on how to delete your account, check out the next question, #36.
36. How can I delete my Artist Account?
To delete your account, login to your Artist Account and click the red "DELETE MY ACCOUNT" link above the tabs in your main account frame. Then confirm that you want to delete your account. Once you have downloaded your audition pass, you are no longer able to delete your account.
NOTE: Deleting your account cannot be undone.
37. I'm unable to select an audition city. Why is the website not letting me update my account?