How To Audition for "The Voice"
Please be advised that you must meet the following eligibility requirements (which may be changed at any time by Finnmax LLC in its sole discretion) in order to proceed with the application process and to participate in the Program:
- You must be legally here in the United States and must be eligible to accept the prize1, if awarded, with the unrestricted right to work for any U.S. employer and live in the United States. Proof of such eligibility must be provided to Producer. Acceptable forms of proof include (without limitation) a valid US passport or combination of valid US driver’s license and valid social security card.
- You must be at least fifteen (15) years of age by May 31, 2014. All applicants who meet this criterion, including all persons significantly older than fifteen (15) years of age, are welcome and encouraged to apply to be a participant. All applicants younger than eighteen (18) years of age must have all parents/guardians complete the Parental/Guardian Consent release attached to this application.
- You must not now be a candidate for public office and must agree not to become a candidate for public office until six (6) months after initial broadcast of all programs in which you appear, if selected as a participant.
- You must voluntarily submit to and complete a background check, in accordance with applicable laws.
- You must be willing to travel at your own expense if necessary to audition in December 2013 or January/February 2014 (or as otherwise scheduled by the Producer) at one of the following locations nearest to you: Los Angeles, CA; Philadelphia, PA; Chicago, IL; and Nashville, TN. Producer reserves the right to change the number or the identity of the foregoing locations at any time. All travel expenses for the interview will be the applicant's sole expense.
- To accept an invitation to be a finalist, you must timely complete and return the Participant Agreement Package that will be furnished to you by the Producer and will include, among other things, a Participant Release Agreement including release forms and waivers for review and signature by you and/or your family members. Additionally, any offer to become a finalist may be conditioned upon your submission to examinations to be conducted in Los Angeles, CA, by medical professionals selected by and paid for by the Producer and the certification of the medical professionals that you meet all physical and psychological requirements.
- You must be willing to travel to Los Angeles, CA, for up to eight (8) days in March 2014 (or as otherwise scheduled by Producer) for the final selection process. Pre-approved economy travel (roundtrip to and from Los Angeles, CA, and your home in the United States) and lodging to be provided and paid for by Producer.
- If you are selected as a participant, you must be willing to travel to and reside at one or more undisclosed locations in the United States for approximately three (3) weeks in June 2014, two (2) weeks in July 2014, three (3) weeks in August 2014, one (1) week in October 2014, four (4) weeks in November 2014, and three (3) weeks in December 2014 (or as otherwise scheduled by Producer). Economy travel to be paid for by Producer.
- You may not participate in the Program if your participation would create impropriety or the appearance of impropriety. In making this determination, Producer and any television network broadcasting the Program will consider whether you nor any of your immediate family members or anyone living in your household may be or have been within the past two (2) years employees, officers, directors or agents of any of the following: (a) Producer, One Three Television, LLC, NBCUniversal Media, LLC, NBC Studios LLC, any entity owned or controlled by or affiliated with the foregoing or Mark Burnett, any television network broadcasting the Program, or any of their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated or related entities; (b) any person or entity involved in the development, production, distribution or other exploitation of the reality- based program currently entitled "THE VOICE" (the "Program") or any variation thereof; (c) Any sponsor of the Program or its advertising agency; or (d) Any person or entity supplying goods, services or prizes to the Program. In addition, Producer reserves the right to render ineligible any person that Producer determines, in its sole discretion, is sufficiently connected with the production, administration, judging, or distribution of the Program such that his or her participation in the Program could create the appearance of impropriety.
- The foregoing eligibility requirements may be amended, revised or changed at any time and in any fashion in Producer’s sole discretion.
1Satisfaction of this eligibility requirement pertains solely to the participant’s receipt of prizes (if any) that may be awarded by Producer.